Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 9 - Sunday 6/9/2013

A low key day today.  I left Waterton, and crossed the border about 20 miles later back into the US.  I saw a small brown bear just after crossing over into Montana. 35 miles later I was just outside of St. Mary, MT where I saw a sign for Espresso, so I pulled in.  It turned out that the owner, Richard, didn't have any change, so he gave me the coffee.

 

I decided to stop for breakfast just a mile down the road in Saint Mary at this nice, homey place.


As you head south from Glacier National Park the country quickly transitions from mountains to the plains, and Blackfoot country.



I ended up the day in Great Falls, MT where I met Dave Harding, a retired Delta airline pilot.  He's an interesting guy, a new member of the Triple 9 Society - look it up. He's a nice guy on top of that. We ended up talking for a couple of hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment