Saturday, June 1, 2013

This Year's Route


Here is the "Plan B" route for this year's ride.  The original plan would have taken me from Santa Fe across Texas and Oklahoma and into Arkansas and the Ozarks. From there I was going to go up the Missouri River to Pierce, SD and then west to Montana and south through Yellowstone, Wyoming, and Colorado back to New Mexico.   However this year's active tornado season in Tornado Alley caused me to rethink that trip; maybe I'll plan it for the fall season some year.

One of the nice things about this Plan B ride is that I will be mostly taking roads I have not been on and going to a few new places as well as some that I have visited on previous rides. The overall trip should be about 3,700 miles.

Note the guard-peacock watching over the bike.
Click any image to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment